You’re not alone if you’re a mom struggling with postpartum depression. In fact, postpartum depression is the most common complication of childbirth, affecting one in seven women. Luckily, there are treatment options available that can help you recover and get your life back on track.
At Alleviant Health Centers, our knowledgeable and experienced team offers a postpartum depression treatment program in Rogers, Arkansas, along with other mental health treatment programs and services. Our mental health professionals understand how postpartum depression can make it difficult to bond with your baby, take care of yourself, and function in everyday life. The primary goal of our postpartum depression treatment center in Rogers is to help patients get back to feeling like themselves again so they can enjoy motherhood’s joys. Call 479.309.1427 if you’re looking for postpartum depression therapy in Rogers, Arkansas.
What Is Depression?
Depression is a medical condition that affects a person’s mood, thoughts, body, and behavior. It can cause feelings of sadness or hopelessness. Depression is more than just feeling “blue” for a few days. It is a severe illness that needs treatment.
There are different types of depression, and symptoms can vary from person to person. Some people with depression may have only a few symptoms, while others may have many.
The most common symptoms of depression include:
- Feeling sad or blue most of the time
- Losing interest or pleasure in activities you used to enjoy
- Sleeping too much or not being able to sleep
- Eating too much or not enough
- Feeling tired all the time
- Having trouble concentrating
- Feeling hopeless, guilty, or worthless
- Moving or speaking more slowly than usual
- Thinking about death or suicide
Types of depressive disorders include clinical or major depression, persistent depressive disorder or dysthymia, bipolar disorder, postpartum depression, and seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
What Is Postpartum Depression?
Postpartum depression is a type of clinical depression that can occur after the birth of a child. It may develop gradually or suddenly, lasting for weeks, months, or even longer. While women are more likely to experience postpartum depression, it can happen to anyone who has recently become a parent.
Depression symptoms specific to this disorder include the following:
- Having little interest in your baby
- Having trouble bonding with your baby
- Having trouble taking care of yourself or your baby
- Feeling guilty, hopeless, or overwhelmed
- Feeling like you’re not a good parent
Postpartum depression can make it difficult to function in everyday life. It may seem weird not to feel motherhood or fatherhood urges or like you’re not cut out for the job, but this is a common symptom of postpartum depression.
What Comprises Postpartum Depression Treatment?
At Alleviant Health Centers, postpartum depression treatment is tailored to meet each patient’s unique needs. Our postpartum depression therapy in Rogers, Arkansas, may include the following:
- Medication management – Our psychiatric providers will work with patients to determine if medication is right for them and, if so, which medication would be most effective.
- Mental health counseling – We offer individual, group, and family counseling to help patients understand and cope with their postpartum depression.
- Support groups – We offer postpartum depression support groups so patients can connect with others going through similar experiences.
- Wellness services – We offer various wellness services, such as yoga and nutrition counseling, to help patients care for their minds and body.
If you or someone you know is struggling with postpartum depression, please consider professional help. You and your baby deserve to feel safe, secure, supported, and able to live happy and healthy lives.
Learn More About Postpartum Depression Treatment at Alleviant Health Centers of Rogers
Alleviant Health Centers offer a comprehensive postpartum depression treatment program in Rogers, Arkansas. The compassionate and caring team of our postpartum depression treatment center in Rogers is dedicated to helping our patients heal and recover. We offer various programs and services to meet each patient’s unique needs.
To learn more about postpartum depression therapy in Rogers, Arkansas, please get in touch with Alleviant Health Centers of Rogers today at 479.309.1427. Talk to someone on our team and schedule an appointment.